Petro-Canada's PURITY ™ FG WO oils are ultra pure, food grade white mineral oils specially formulated for food processing and other industrial use where contact of the lubricant with food is only incidental.
Petro-Canada's PURITY™ FG WO oils are ultra pure, food grade white mineral oils specially formulated for food processing and other industrial use where contact of the lubricant with food is only incidental.
Using the HT purity process, Petro-Canada produces 99.9% pure, crystal clear white mineral oils – among the purest in the world. Blended with up to 10 ppm of Vitamin E as a stabilizer, PURITY FG WO oils are ideally suited for applications that require a straight, non-toxic white mineral oil.
PURITY FG WO oils meet standards that are among the highest for food industry purity and fit perfectly in HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) plans. They are H1 and 3H registered by NSF and are acceptable for use in food processing facilities in Canada (10 and 40 grades pending).
Features and Benefits
- Low Volatility
- Helps minimize consumption
- Includes an osidation inhibitor for stability
- Extended shelf life
- Odourless and tasteless
- Excellent pour characteristic
- Good fluidity at low temperatures
- Water white colour, helps minimize the risk of staining
- Registered for use in and around food processing areas
- H1 registered by NSF as a lubricant with incidental food contact for use in and around food processing areas
- 3H registered by NSF for use as a release agent on hard surfaces to prevent food from adhering during processing
- ISO grades 10, 68 and 90 are ISO 21469 certified
- Acceptable for use in food processing facilities in Canada
- Certified Kosher and Pareve by Star K
- Certified Halal by IFANCA
- All fluid components comply with United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations:
- CFR 21, Section 172.878 - White Mineral Oil
- CFR 21, Section 178.3620 (a) - White Mineral Oil
- CFR 21, Section 178.3570 - Lubricants with Incidental Food Contact
- CFR 21, Section 176.170 - Components of paper and paperboard in contact with aqueous and fatty foods
- Purity FG WO 35, 40, 68 and 90 meet mineral oils, USP (United States Pharmacopoeia standards)
- Purity FG WO 10 and 15 meet Light Mineral Oil, NF (National Formulary Standards)
- Purity FG WO 15 is authorized by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) for use as a protecting oil on Shell Eggs processed in plants operating under the USDA voluntary shell egg grading program
- Purity FG WO 90 is certified for NSF / ANSI Standard 60 for use in drinking water treatment applications (eg. well pump lubricant)
PURITY FG WO oils may be safely used where an registered food grade or inert white mineral oil is required. General applications include incidental food contact in producing, manufacturing, processing, treating or packaging food.
Specific applications include:
- Rust and corrosion prevention for knives and cutting tables used in food preparation
- Release agents for molds and bakery pans
- Moisture resistant coatings on food packaging
- Dust suppressants
- Cleaning agent for stainless steel
- Shell egg protecting oil to retain freshness (15 grade only)
Prior to application (spraying) of the products in food handling areas, all food products should either be removed from the vicinity or otherwise protected from the spray.
Typical Performance Data
|Property||Test Method||WO 90|
|Density, kg/L @ 15 °C||D4052||0.870|
|Gravity, °API @ 60 °F||31.1|
cSt @ 40 °C / SUS @ 100 °F
cSt @ 100 °C / SUS @210 °F
D445 / D2161
D445 / D2161
103 / 535
11.8 / 66.5
|Flash Point, COC, °C / °F||D92||266 / 511|
|Pour Point, °C / °F||D5950||-15 / 5|
The values quoted above are typical of normal production. They do not constitute a specification.